Template for Criminal Record Checks Agreement
[Criminal Record Check Agreement]
This agreement (“Agreement”) is made and entered into on [Date] by and between [Company/Organization name], with its principal place of business at [Address] (“Company”) and [Employee/Volunteer name], residing at [Address] (“Employee/Volunteer”).
The Company requires that its employees/volunteers undergo a criminal record check before being employed or allowed to volunteer; and
Whereas, the Employee/Volunteer has agreed to undergo a criminal record check as a condition of employment or volunteering with the Company.
Therefore, the parties agree as follows:
- Criminal Record Check: The Employee/Volunteer agrees to undergo a criminal record check conducted by [Name of agency conducting check] (“Agency”) to verify that he or she has not been convicted of any criminal offenses.
- Authorization and Release: The Employee/Volunteer authorizes the Agency to conduct the criminal record check and to release the results of the criminal record check to the Company. The Employee/Volunteer acknowledges and understands that the Company will use the results of the criminal record check solely for the purpose of determining the Employee/Volunteer’s eligibility for employment or volunteering.
- Indemnification: The Employee/Volunteer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its officers, directors, agents, and employees from any and all claims, damages, expenses, or liability arising out of or in connection with the criminal record check or the release of the results of the criminal record check to the Company.
- Confidentiality: The Company agrees to keep the results of the criminal record check confidential and to use the results solely for the purpose of determining the Employee/Volunteer’s eligibility for employment or volunteering. The Company will not release the results of the criminal record check to any third party except as required by law.
- Acknowledgment: The Employee/Volunteer acknowledges that he or she has read and understands this Agreement, and voluntarily consents to the criminal record check and the release of the results to the Company.
- Governing Law: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state/province/country in which the Company is located.