A Template For Background Check
Background Check Services Contract
This Background Check Services Contract (the “Contract”) is made and entered into on [Date] by and between [Client Name], located at [Address] (“Client”), and [Background Check Services Provider Name], located at [Address] (“Provider”).
1. Background Check Services: Provider agrees to provide Client with background check services as detailed in Exhibit A attached hereto and made a part hereof.
2. Fees and Payment: Client shall pay Provider the fees set forth in Exhibit A for the services rendered by Provider under this Contract. Payment shall be made in the manner specified in Exhibit A. Provider shall not commence work until payment has been received.
3. Confidentiality: Provider agrees to keep confidential all information obtained during the background check process and to use such information solely for the purposes of performing the services under this Contract.
4. Compliance with Applicable Laws: Provider agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to background checks, including but not limited to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and any state or local laws governing background checks.
5. Representations and Warranties: Provider represents and warrants that all information provided to Client under this Contract shall be accurate, complete, and up-to-date to the best of Provider’s knowledge.
6. Limitation of Liability: Provider’s liability under this Contract shall be limited to the fees paid by Client to Provider for the services rendered under this Contract.
7. Indemnification: Provider shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Client, its officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, damages, and expenses arising out of or in connection with Provider’s performance of the services under this Contract.
8. Term and Termination: This Contract shall commence on the date first written above and shall continue until the completion of the services or until terminated by either party upon written notice. Either party may terminate this Contract for any reason upon written notice to the other party.
9. Governing Law: This Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of [State] without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
10. Entire Agreement: This Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties relating to the same subject matter.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Contract as of the date first written above.
[Client Name] [Background Check Services Provider Name]
Background Check Services:
[List the specific services to be provided by the background check services provider, including any applicable fees and payment terms.]