Top 6 Motivators For Doing Yearly Background Checks
When hiring new staff, it’s critical to conduct background checks annually. It’s equally crucial to do annual background checks. Until the facts show otherwise, you can be sure that you have allied yourself with reliable people by checking up on your partners and staff.
If they don’t, you’ll need to make some judgments. Every background check must be exhaustive, and a private investigator is the only source of comprehensive information.
What will you learn about the person’s background that you didn’t learn during the initial investigation? You might be taken aback…..
Employers can use the data from a background check to make educated conclusions regarding a candidate’s appropriateness for a position, landlords can use it to assess prospective tenants and people can use it to confirm their own personal information.
Yet it’s crucial to remember that laws and rules are in place to safeguard people’s privacy and stop discrimination based on specific details found in background checks.
The Reason Of Annual Background Check
- Ensure security
It’s possible that a worker for you enjoys engaging in illegal activity while on the job. Without performing a background investigation, you would never be able to tell if the data was listed as sick or vacation days.
Although if an employee’s personal life is their business, the happenings there can have a big impact on their career, especially if they have covered up an arrest for drug use, fraud, or domestic abuse.
- Protect Your Brand
The reputation of your business could suffer irreparable harm if an employee decides to commit a crime, whether or not it is connected to their job.
It’s best for you to find out the facts first and deal with the issue before any unfavorable events may harm your brand.
- Accurate Records
Only prior information is revealed through background checks on potential employees. New record information will only be provided to an employer upon request, which can only come about through an annual background check.
- Customer safety
Yearly background checks are essential for some roles, especially if you’re selecting candidates who will deal with the public, go to client locations or private residences, handle money, assist the elderly or vulnerable, or drive regularly for work. It is crucial to have faith in the dependability and morality of the workers you send out to represent your company.
- Maintain worker safety
Annual background checks guarantee that each employee has been cleared for continued employment, which promotes this kind of supportive environment and improves workplace morale.
Keeping employee disagreement to a minimum reduces the possibility of facing legal action for careless hiring or failing to maintain a safe workplace.
- Mind’s Tranquility
Annual background Screening are one of those requirements that help you maintain your reputation as a reliable company, but they also provide everyone with a great deal of peace of mind.
You can rest easy knowing that the people you’ve hired to work for your company live an honest lifestyle compatible with your company’s values.
Background Check Statistics of 2023
Here are some statistics related to background Screening:
- According to a survey by HR.com, 96% of employers conduct background Screeningon some or all job candidates.
- A study by CareerBuilder found that 75% of employers have hired the wrong person for a position, and 27% of those employers cited background check issues as the reason for the bad hire.
- A survey by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) found that 95% of employers who conduct background Screening reported finding misrepresentations on job applications, including falsified education or employment history.
- The same NAPBS survey found that 80% of employers who conducted a criminal background check found a criminal record that influenced their hiring decision.
- A report by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) found that 73% of employers use criminal background Screening as part of their hiring process.