How Drug Abuse Test Can Be Beneficial For Your Company
Pre-employment drug abuse test for background checks protects firms from recruiting drug users before they have a negative influence on the job. To build and manage successful and adaptable employee drug testing programs, we engage with reputable testing facilities and work in tandem with our customers. The drug abuse screening test will proactively safeguard the firm and its workers from the negative and potentially dangerous impacts of an employee who takes drugs on the job to guarantee that a candidate is appropriate for the position, especially those in a safety-sensitive working environment.
The worldwide drug substance abuse test market was worth $6,244 million in 2017 and is predicted to grow at an annual rate of 8.2% from 2018 to 2025, reaching $11,833 million.
To keep up with the continual surge in novel chemicals being abused, alternate matrices, and market demands, commercial drug abuse testing techniques have seen significant modification in recent years.
1. Collection and preliminary substance abuse screening is done to evaluate the presence or absence of drugs. This is done to ensure the workplace safety.
2. Employees with drug use problems miss an average of 24.6 days from work each year, excluding vacations and holidays, according to a research.
3. Outline the actions you’ll follow before starting a background check. When it comes to evaluating potential workers and administering substance misuse screening tests, you must have a strategy in place.
Common Problems You May Faced For Doing Drug Abuse Test
1. May Not Ensure Safety: Workplace drug abuse test can’t genuinely be utilized as a safety measure since they don’t assess drug usage in real time. When they know they’ll be tested for drugs, many job hopefuls just stop taking them.
2. Not carried out in real time: Random drug abuse screening test merely inform companies that an employee has taken a certain substance in the past, but usually over a long period of time. This isn’t necessarily a good thing.
3. Inaccuracy: The drug abuse screening test isn’t always reliable. Specific foods and pharmaceuticals might show up as illegal substances on drug tests, resulting in false positives.
4. Costing Issues: The substance abuse test programs are costly, but they are totally covered by the company. It may or may not provide a good return on investment, and it may cost more to run than it saves.
5. Morale issues: Employee morale can be harmed by substance abuse screening programs, which are typically interpreted as proof that the company sees the employees as intrinsically untrustworthy.
Solutions For These Common Problems
1. Focus on safety: Besides performing the substance abuse screening process a background verification of past medical certificate from the authentic source can be helpful beside the process to focus on safety.
2. Do the test properly: The substance abuse screening should be done after planning the criteria properly, like, what time period should be considered to accept the positive drug test report of the employees.
3. Accuracy: Accuracy is very important for the substance abuse screening test. The information find out from the text should be cross checked so that the company do not loose the efficient employees.
4. Costing issues: There are now drug testing services where the cost is comparatively low then others but the results should be give a cross check after substance abuse screening test as a part of employee background verification.
5. Policy to avoid moral issues: It is better to inform about the drug abuse test policy in the criteria of the job so that the options remain to the employees to choose whether they want to be involved or not.
How Should One Perform Drug Abuse Testing
If drug testing is required for employees and candidates, a few fundamental ethical standards should be implemented to preserve workers’ rights with profile check, including:
1. Consent with knowledge. Before starting employment, the employee should be aware that drug and alcohol abstinence is required, and that workplace drug testing will be conducted at some time. In this method, the employee may give informed consent to drug testing.
2. Confidentiality: The privacy of the worker should also be protected. This implies that the drug testing results and repercussions should be kept confidential from other workers.
3. Defending a positive test: Repeat substance abuse test should be undertaken if a workplace drug test is positive. Before any sanctions are considered, the worker should be given the opportunity to explain a positive drug test result.
4. Having realistic expectations: During the interview process, the worker’s capacity to deal with challenging work situations should be assessed. Ascertain that the employee is aware of the requirements and is prepared to deal with them which comes under background verification.
5. Getting assistance: The company should provide rehab or addiction therapy as possibilities in the event of a positive substance abuse screening test.
6. Support: If necessary, the employer should also give help and choices such as transferring to a more suited position.
Contact Us Today
We are here to solve any problem and to give any information regarding drug testing and healthcare solution as a part of background verification. Contact Us Today to get the best services for drug abuse test as a part of employment verification.