An Education Verification Can Confirm Whether the Applicant’s Education Claims are True.
The process of hiring and vetting employees can take a long time. According to the 2013 Employment Screening Benchmarking Report, 79 percent of candidates lie between 1% and 10% of the time, and 74% have detected someone who has lied on their resume. Education verification is an easy way to identify those.
It’s also a means to make if a candidate has the credentials he or she claims. Unfortunately, candidates occasionally overstate or outright lie about their educational background or experience, with 70% of employers discovering CV deceit. See this overview for more information about education verification.
Make Sure the Candidates are Qualified
One of the most obvious reasons to check your job candidate’s educational history is to make sure the information on their application is correct. Because the job market is so competitive, it’s usual for applicants to embellish, exaggerate, or even lie about their qualifications. This may make them appear appealing on paper, but you’ll quickly realize your error when they prove unable of doing the task. By verifying your candidates’ education, you can hire someone with exceptional talent and potential. In this case you can take our background check service.
In the majority of cases, employee’s degrees are faked by 25%-34%, as per several studies.
Purpose of Education Verification: Most 3 Important Purpose
1. Maintain consistency in the verification of education and minimize the cost of a bad hire.
2. You can speed up hiring and reduce administrative costs by outsourcing time-consuming and tedious screening tasks to a specialized team.
3. In addition to the candidate’s academic credentials, the educational institution of the candidate is also checked. This is because many colleges claim accreditation from an independent agency, but their standards and curriculum are not comparable to those offered by legally recognized institutions.
Note: Ensure your applicants are fully qualified and avoid negligent hiring.
Need for Education Verification: Explained in 4 Steps
1. Many of the company’s employees hold degrees from all over the world. So, it is even more important for employers to thoroughly investigate the educational background of applicants.
2. By doing so, you save money and reduce the risk of making a substandard hire.
3. Verification allows for the elimination of individuals with shady educational backgrounds.
4. Education verification is a valuable tool for selecting suitable individuals during the recruiting process. Making a mistake by hiring someone who is unqualified due to a lack of a degree jeopardizes your client connection.
Explanation of Pre-Verification
The purpose of employers examining applicants’ educational backgrounds is to weed out those who have falsified or overstated their credentials as well as to protect the organization from fraudulent degrees obtained from and verified by illegitimate institutions. Verifications are made either directly by the school or by a third party, such as a reputable background screening firm. Candidates submit information to background screening agencies and pay the fees associated with the service. Various pre-verification services provide job seekers with a secure online platform for uploading their educational credentials, enabling employers to verify this information at any time.
Being Aware of The Education Verification
1. Universities and other higher education institutions use third-party verification services. If the institution is registered with a third-party agency, a degree can be validated on the same day. They charge a set fee for access verification, as they run their own business like you.
2. Identity check service verifies the applicant’s identity within a few days. The process may take longer if the candidate has not been shortlisted in the school’s database or has graduated some time ago.
3. Verification of international or global students takes longer than national or domestic verification.
The Following Items are Required To Verify Education Credentials
1. Candidate’s name according to university, college, or school.
2 . Name of the university, college, or school’s entire address.
3. Dates of enrollment or graduation.
4. Exact name of the degree earned, such as B.Sc, B.Com, B.A, and so on.
5 . Registration number, matriculation number, hall ticket number, roll number, and so on are all examples of numbers.
Other Things to Keep In Mind
It’s worth noting that qualifications are valued and examined in high-paying employment. Before a background check is conducted, it is generally determined by the type of job and the level of responsibility. It will be a huge loss if a typical roadside restaurant investigates or conducts an education verification on its employees’ resumes (if there are any), because they will not only squander time and energy, but they will also lose money in the process.
If verifying a degree is critical and achieving it is required to work in a qualified position, the process should be followed on a regular basis to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of both potential and current employees. The only way to prevent your company from going under is to hire deserving employees.